All programs at CMS are 5 days per week.
- Young Children’s Community
- Half-Day (18 months – 3 years): 8:15 AM – 11:45 AM – $11,400
- Half-Day & Nap (18 months – 3 years): 8:15 AM – 3:00 PM – $14,500
- Primary Community
- Half Day (3 years – 5 years): 8:15 AM – 11:45 AM – $11,400
- Half Day & Nap (3 years – 5 years): 8:15 AM – 3:15 PM – $13,950
- Extended Day (5 years – 6 years): 8:15 AM – 3:15 PM – $13,950
- Elementary Community (6 years – 12 years)
- 8:15 AM – 3:15 PM – $14,500
- Adolescent Program (12 years – 15 years)
- 8:15 AM – 3:15 PM – $16,750
- Before-School Care Program (age 3 and up)
- 7:15 AM – 8:15 AM – $1,550
- After-School Care Program
- YCC Tier (ages 2-3): 3:00 PM – 4:15 PM – $2,150
- Tier 1 (ages 3 and up): 3:15 PM – 4:30 PM – $2,150
- Tier 2 (ages 3 and up): 3:15 PM – 6:00 PM – $4,650
- CMS Shuttle Service (ages 5 and up): $1,850
Application Fee – A $50 application fee, paid by check or cash, is due at time of submission.
Enrollment Deposit – If your child is offered admission to CMS, a non-refundable $1,500 enrollment deposit is due back within two weeks of receipt of the offer. This deposit credits toward tuition for the school year and is dispersed according to the chosen payment plan.
Tuition Management Fee – We require that tuition be paid online via Smart Tuition. There is an annual $100 enrollment fee for Smart Tuition. Parents may choose to pay in one of the following payment schedules: annually, quarterly, or on a nine month school year schedule.
Additional Fees – Students may incur limited additional fees for supplies at the start of the school year. Activities and trips away from CMS may also require additional fees, which will be communicated ahead of each trip and will be payable to CMS via Smart Tuition.
Chesapeake Montessori School (CMS) is committed to achieving and retaining an economically diverse student body; to that end, the school’s budget provides funds for Tuition Assistance (TA). TA is intended as a supplement for family resources and is provided to students of families who have demonstrated clear financial need and is considered supplementary to the family’s contribution to their child’s education.
To achieve our goal of economic diversity, it is essential that the ability to pay full tuition not be the deciding factor in admitting students to CMS. The admissions process and the TA program are open to students of any race, color, sex, religion, or national or ethnic origin.
TA is provided for students through 8th grade with the majority of our funds applied to families with children age 5 and older. All TA is to be used for tuition for the academic year of application. It may not be applied to fees, class trips, extracurricular, transportation, or before- and after-school care fees.
CMS has limited funds for TA disbursement. Re-enrolling families demonstrating financial need will be offered TA as part of the re-enrollment process in January each year. TA funds not used by re-enrolling families may be offered to new applicants. New applicant families should file for TA online at https://www.solutionsbysss.com/parents/ as part of the application process. Please notify the CMS Business Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) after applying so we are aware of your application. The CMS code for SSS is 2358.
CMS At A Glance
Type of School: Montessori, Independent, Co-educational
Ages served: 18 months through 8th grade
Programs: 2 Young Children’s Communities 3 Primary Communities 1 Lower Elementary Community 1 Upper Elementary Community 1 Adolescent Program Community
School Day Hours: 8:15 AM – 3:15 PM
Before School Care: beginning at 7:15 AM
After School Care: until 6 PM
Number of campuses: 2 on eleven acres