Home > Admissions
Steps for Applying
Learn About Us
- We thank you for your interest in Chesapeake Montessori School and hope you will request an information packet, which we can provide electronically or through the mail.
- Explore our Website for specific information about our Chesapeake Montessori School and www.montessori-namta.org for general information about a Montessori education.
- Attend an Open House in November or January.
Next Open House: Sunday, November 3, 2013
- Private tours and classroom observations are scheduled by appointment October through April on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday beginning at 9:00 a.m.
- Observations are for parents only and both parents should plan to attend.
- During the observation appointment you will be given an individual school tour,
observe classes, and have an opportunity to discuss the CMS programs.
Application for Admission
- Applications for admission must be accompanied by a $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Upon receipt of an application, your child will be placed in a waiting pool.
- After re-enrolling our current students in late February, we will begin offering
admission to students from our waiting pool. We have a waiting pool rather than a waiting list because of the unique makeup of a Montessori classroom, which requires a balance of boys and girls as well as age groups.
- Enrollment is considered complete after a signed contract and a $1,500 enrollment
deposit have been received by the school. The receipt of this deposit states that the
student will attend Chesapeake Montessori School as noted, unless written notice of
withdrawal is given prior to June 15. In all cases the enrollment deposit is nonrefundable.